- Date: Wednesday, March 04, 2015
- Time: 08:30 AM
- Venue: Macewan Hall, University of Calgary in Calgary, AB, Canada
The Youth Mental Health Summit brings together students and teachers to learn about mental health, mental illness and stigma, while challenging common stereotypes and misconceptions. The day combines large group presentations, small breakout sessions featuring speakers, experiential exercise, discussions and action planning. Students will leave prepared to bring awareness activities to their own schools.
When: Monday, March 16, 2015
Where: MacEwen Hall, University of Calgary
Time: 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (lunch provided)
Why You Should Attend
- Your school’s reps (three students and one staff member) will hear brave and compelling speakers discuss in depth their own mental health and addiction challenges and recovery journey.
- You will learn steps towards taking action on mental health awareness and reducing stigma.
- You may have been affected indirectly or directly by mental health issues and will learn how you can use your experience to create change and eliminate stigma.
- You may leave the summit equipped with confidence to encourage other youth to get help when they need it.
All attendees must register in advance.